woensdag 22 januari 2014

Finding the right names

Hey Everyone,

Again i didn't get to my deadline of writing my blog and i do know why not. I said it was 20.00 o'clock my time but i just found out that at 20.00 o'clock i'm still working at stuff for my novel. So i'm going to reschedule the deadline that i have to write the blog and now i'm going to stick to it. At eleven o'clock my time i will be writing my blog and then when i'm finished i will post it.

After posting my blog yesterday i watched the movie Great Expectations from the book from Charles Dickens. I always thought it was a great story but now i have actually seen it, it was quite disturbing and confusing but i really wanted to see it because my two favorite actor and actress are playing in it. I had hoped i could get some fresh things from that movie for my novel but i didn't understand half the movie so that was not really a succes.

So this morning i set again behind my desk and up for a start at my novel, chapter 1 of course. I found out that i totally forgot to find a name for the cities i'm using. I don't really want to have real city names as i want to use my own self created city and then i don't have to follow the facts about the city and the country the real city is in. I'm so bad at names and if i found a name, it was either a really bad name or the name did exist in a country that i didn't know it existed. So i asked a friend of mine to help with a name and she gave me two names and i was really happy about that. Well i don't have enough with two names but i have a start.

Ohh did i tell you that English is not my mother language? Well it is not and even though i follow a study that makes me understand English better and helps me with my writing, i had a really hard time with describing the winter weather for a draft of the novel i'm working on. I always use the same words when i'm writing in English or talking English and i want to have other words that means the same thing. I opened google and found an amazing website that is helping me with the other words i want to use. I'm soo happy i found that website!!

Well now i don't have much things to say, writing my first chapter was hard but it is coming so i'm glad but now i'm just tired and all i want to do is post the blog, turn off my laptop and play a game on my phone.
I'll see you all tomorrow night.

byeee,

Mila


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten